Here we are in this episode with Part 2 of my interview with Brian Ellwood. Be sure, if you haven’t already, go and listen to Part 1. Brian has so many great tips and ideas to share. In my first interview, we talked a lot about the importance of knowing the numbers in your business.
I wanted to have Brian back because he’s been doing virtual investing for several years now, and doing it quite successfully. Brian lives in Colorado, and his target market is Nashville, Tennessee, where he used to live.
He attributes much of his success to the fact that he knows the Nashville market. His advice to others is to practice doing deals remotely in their own hometown. In other words, do deals without leaving the house. What a great way to know if you can really pull it off.
Brian talks about the nuts and bolts of his business, such as how he hires, who he hires, and how he tracks their performance. He has a great technique for hiring great acquisitions managers, because as you might know, hiring the wrong person can be quite expensive.
Having staff members from all over, Brian shares how he keeps in touch with his entire team.
Listen and enjoy:
- Practice doing remote deals in your own local market
- The importance of knowing your market
- Why marketing and sales are crucial for business growth
- Three most important positions to fill
- The position Brian wishes he’d hired much earlier
- What performance tasks to track
- Criteria for hiring
- The technique for hiring the best acquisitions manager
- How Brian keeps in touch with his team
Mentioned in this episode:
- Joe’s podcast on iTunes: Real Estate Investing Mastery Podcast
- Joe’s Coaching Program: Joe McCall Coaching
- Podcast Hotline: 636.255.8815
- Collective Genius Mastermind
- Free Fast Cash Survival Kit: Real Estate Investing Mastery
- Brian Ellwood’s website: Brian Ellwood
- Brian’s email: Brian@BrianEllwood.net
- Todd Toback’s website: No Limits Real Estate Investing
- Sean Terry’s website: Flip2Freedom
- John Martinez’s website: Midwest Revenue
- Ready, Fire, Aim: Zero to $100 Million in No Time Flat by Michael Masterson
- Kolbe Test
What are you thinking?
First off, we really love feedback, so please click here to give us a quick review in iTunes! Got any thoughts on this episode? We’d love to hear ’em too. Talk to us in the comments below.