I’m on my way to the dentist as I record this In Your Car episode. I didn’t really want to go, but I have to set a good example for my kids.
But I’m not talking about the dentist – at least not totally. I’ve been doing a little reminiscing about the early days when I first got started in this business, and that’s what I want to talk about. First of all, I think it helps other people to hear the experiences of those of us who’ve been around awhile.
And also, I like to remember the people who were instrumental in teaching and encouraging me. I took a number of great courses that gave me insight and strategies that contributed to my current success.
And it’s never a bad thing to recall the ups and downs of my journey. It’s been a road of hard knocks, but I kept on pushing forward.
Mine is not a short story, so I’m breaking this up into several parts. This will be Part 1. Part 2 will be coming soon.
Listen and Enjoy:
- My first horrific experience as a landlord (which could have discouraged me from real estate forever)
- People, courses and books that contributed to my later success
- How and when I first heard about lease options
- How lease options became the game-changer for me
Mentioned in this episode:
- Joe’s podcast on iTunes: Real Estate Investing Mastery Podcast
- Joe’s Coaching Program: Joe McCall Coaching
- Podcast Hotline: 636.255.8815
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Rich Dad's CASHFLOW Quadrant: Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom by Robert Kiyosaki
- Secrets of a Millionaire Landlord by Robert Shemin
- Wendy Patton’s website