This episode is a little different than others I’ve done—it’s because I have a guest with me in the car. That’s right. Shaun McCloskey is riding along with me as we discuss our upcoming coach training workshop. Shaun is not only my friend and business associate, but he’s also my neighbor. (Sometimes he needs to come to my house to borrow my high-speed internet connection—we live out in the country.)
Early on, when I was first getting started in the business, Shaun was my coach and mentor. I observed as he got started coaching others, and how the coaching part of his business slowly evolved.
Shaun admits that at first, he had no knowledge of setting and keeping boundaries nor about charging for his services. Those two problems alone almost caused burnout. He’s come a long way since then, and he and I together want to help others start their own coaching businesses.
Shaun and I know that a person can be a great coach, but lack the skills of marketing, selling and making conversions. We want to train you on all aspects of the coaching business.
Listen and Enjoy:
- How Shaun’s coaching business evolved
- What Shaun had to learn about his skill set and about setting boundaries
- There are many different styles and models of coaching (such as, 1-to-1 or 1-to-many)
- Know your model before you begin
- The importance of delivering value when coaching