Isn’t it interesting that we use our phones for so many things these days—except for calling and actually talking to people. I realized this recently when I was trying to make contact, but didn’t have email addresses for a couple of people. Then it struck me (made me feel like a dork, actually) that I had phone numbers, so I called to get the emails.
In this episode, I make the point that this is true of us as investors—we tend to hide behind texts and emails. But we’re missing a big part of business-building when we fail to use the phone to talk to people.
I recently attended an internet marketing event hosted by Russell Brunson of Click Funnels. (A few months ago, I even interviewed Russell on one of my podcasts. Check out the link below.)
While at the event, I also met with Grant Wise who’s doing amazing things for investors regarding Facebook ads. (I’ll be scheduling him for a podcast interview soon.) What I learned from Grant points back to what I said about personal phone contact. Success is more than just a good ad—it has to be backed up by a real live person. (Sorry, I called him Garret Wise, but it’s Grant!)
Listen and Enjoy:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
- My “oh duh” moment about my phone
- Never forget how crucial it is to have personal contact with buyers and sellers
- The phone is more than for playing games and checking Instagram
- Learn from Claude Diamond who coined the phrase: The phone is not a cactus.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Joe’s podcast on iTunes: Real Estate Investing Mastery Podcast
- Joe’s Coaching Program: Joe McCall Coaching
- Podcast Hotline: 636.255.8815
- Podcast interview with Russell Brunson: How Real Estate Investors Can Use Click Funnels
- Grant Wise’s website: Like Grant Wise
Leave a Reply