I don’t know if any of you knew this about me, but I’m studying to get my MBA at St. Louis University. Sounds pretty impressive until you learn that I started in 2004. It’s true.
In this episode, I’m driving home from the first session of my last class. This is the capstone and will probably require much more time than I originally anticipated. (Like most things do.)
Something that was said in class caused me to start thinking about strategy versus operations. Oftentimes, we get so involved in the day-to-day operations of work that we forget to step back and lay out our strategies.
This is why a coach is such a great benefit to investors; they help you envision the bigger picture. My investor friend, Todd Toback, has a coach who is strictly a business coach—as opposed to having a real estate investing coach. He says it’s made a huge difference in his investing business.
I’ve come across a new concept when it comes to strategizing. Rather than planning out a year in advance… lay out plans for every 3 months. I’m learning about this from a book I’m reading, The 12 Week Year.
Listen and Enjoy:
- Back in class—again
- The importance of strategizing
- Ways strategizing can be implemented
- Questions to ask yourself about strategizing
Mentioned in this episode:
- Joe’s podcast on iTunes: Real Estate Investing Mastery Podcast
- Joe’s Coaching Program: Joe McCall Coaching
- Podcast Hotline: 636.255.8815
- Todd Toback’s website: No Limits Real Estate Investing
- The 12 Week Year: Get More Done in 12 Weeks than Others Do in 12 Months by Brian P. Moran