I’m on my way to the monthly Mastermind meeting here in St. Louis. It’s an invitation-only group that I started about a year ago. We talk about deals and what’s happening in the marketplace. It’s becoming a strong support group where investors help other investors in buying and selling deals.
But what I’m actually talking about in this episode has to do with a podcast I heard recently. It’s by Mike Dillard and was about The One Thing concept. The One Thing is the title of a book authored by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan. I’ve read a portion of the book and I’m very impressed. It’s mainly about setting priorities and staying focused. Keller and Papasan are two empire builders who know what they’re talking about.
As you’ll hear, it all begins with a Disney Dream Board, where the priorities are identified, and grows from there. Then, you delegate so you start to build a business that lasts. A business that doesn’t need your direct involvement in order to succeed.
These concepts made my brain explode – in a great way. See if you feel the same.
Listen and Enjoy:
- How I got connected with Cris Chico
- The importance of the Disney Dream Board
- The basic concepts of The One Thing
- How to become your own empire builder
Mentioned in this episode:
- Joe’s podcast on iTunes: Real Estate Investing Mastery Podcast
- Joe’s Coaching Program: Joe McCall Coaching
- Podcast Hotline: 636.255.8815
- Cris’s website: Cris Chico
- Mike Dillard’s podcast: Self-Made Man
- Mike Dillard’s podcast episode: “The One Thing That Will Transform Every Aspect Of Your Life For The Better”
- The Pumpkin Plan by Mike Michalowicz
- The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan