This is the last day of a 5 Days To 5 Leads Challenge via Facebook. It’s something we do once in a while and it’s a lot of fun. On the last day we talk about follow-up.
Most deals come from following up. It usually takes 2 to 3 months and 6 to 7 touches to take a lead from cold to warm. Gavin and I do follow-up role plays as buyer and seller that will be helpful to you.
On your follow-up phone calls, ask a lot of questions to keep the seller talking. At the end of the call, arrange to send the seller an offer and set up a call to review the offer.
Remember that often the no you’ve gotten is based on a specific property you’ve asked about. Call that owner and ask if he has other properties. “Are any vacant? Underperforming? Want to sell?”
Contact realtors and ask if they have properties not yet listed on the MLS. Ask if they’d represent you on an MLS listing. Contact FSBO listings on Craigslist, Go Section 8 and Zillow.
If you want to work with Gavin and me, we’re open to it. This isn’t coaching or mentoring, though some of that is involved. We’re looking for partners that we can share profits with in new markets.
We help you with marketing and implementation. The offer is limited as we can work with only a few people per market. There’s 3 days of training in St. Louis and an investment that you earn back by making deals.
Watch and learn:
- Getting no’s from potential sellers just means you’re closer to getting a yes.
- The money is in following up by phone.
- Gavin’s first 2 deals came from following up using a list of 60 ‘dead’ leads.
- Call property managers and ask if they know frustrated landlords.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Joe’s podcast on iTunes: Real Estate Investing Mastery Podcast
- Apply to partner with Gavin and Joe: Coach Joe.net
- Link to Joe’s onscreen display: Mindmap
- Website for leads: Go Section 8
- Website for leads: Zillow
- Website for leads: Craigslist
What are you thinking?
First off, we really love feedback, so please click here to give us a quick review in iTunes! Got any thoughts on this episode? We’d love to hear ’em too. Talk to us in the comments below.
Enjoy this podcast? Share the love!