You’re going to recognize the Creative Financing Giants I have with me on this new series that we’re calling Creative Financing Lab. Pace Morby and Matt Theriault are amazing at what they do, and we’re thrilled to bring you our best ideas about all things creative financing, including subject-to financing, lease options, and owner financing.
If you’re watching a recording of this series, great! But if you’re watching this life, that could be your chance to meet and partner with other investors. The Facebook and YouTube comment sections of our live podcasts are going to be a networking goldmine to find investors across the country. So put this on your calendar and make our live broadcasts a priority!
In our first episode, we talk about the potential death of the subject-to. Banks always have the option to call due to a loan, but they only seem to exercise that right when a red flag goes up on a loan. Crazy low-interest loans right now may mean that in a few years when interest rates rise that banks are going to pay more attention to getting cut out of those rising interest rates. Matt gives us a little background on the history of subject-to loans, and Pace, who has over 100 subject-to properties, talks strategies.
Stay tuned for more high-level discussions about wholesaling lease options, assignment lease options, and all of the other creative financing options that are out there. Get ready to take notes, network with others, and learn new real estate financing strategies.
Watch and Learn:
Listen and learn:
- The insurance issue that’s going to force the bank to get involved in your subject-to.
- The historically low-interest rate on homes could have a negative effect on subject-to properties going forward.
- How Pace has worked around insurance problems with banks and subject-to properties.
- Are small margins worth it on subject-to loans? Maybe, says Pace.
- If you buy on a lease option instead of a subject-to, you don’t have the option to use depreciation.
Mentioned in this episode:
What are you thinking?
First off, we really love feedback, so please click here to give us a quick review in iTunes! Got any thoughts on this episode? We’d love to hear ’em too. Talk to us in the comments below.
Enjoy this podcast? Share the love!