Samuel Leeds is a property investment star in the United Kingdom and Europe—and my guest in today’s episode.
He’s a sought-after investment educator in England. You should check out his YouTube site and learn more about him.
Samuel’s been in real estate for about 10 years. He bought his first house right before the recession hit, 100% financed. He jumped into investing because he didn’t want to work at a job until he’s 65.
He’s building 6 houses now, does training, investing and blogging. He’s built up a very successful business with 31 employees.
He particularly enjoys making YouTube videos; there’s one in which he takes away his access to his bank accounts so that he has to make a deal within 7 days or be on the street.
He went in disguise to some property events but was thrown out. Eventually, he found two apartments to rent and put on Airbnb. He quickly passed the deal to another investor and made £8,000.
His viewers challenged him to try the same thing in another country, so he let the viewers choose the country and they picked the US. He worked out a lease option in Philadelphia.
Putting properties on vacation rental sites is very lucrative, and is completely unregulated by the UK. If it’s a rental, you need an agreement in the lease. If it’s financed, you need the bank to agree to it.
However, Samuel figures the country will come up with regulations soon. So it’s a “make hay while the sun shines” situation. It’s certainly not the only investment strategy he’s using.
On his first day in the US, Samuel called 112 phone numbers and talked to only 9 people. The next day, some people called him back, so just one day gave him momentum.
He says he got a lot more “no” answers in the states, but he was in New York City. Samuel says the ease of doing business in the US and the UK is about the same, though he found flipping is more profitable here than there.
Listen and learn:
- Samuel is a YouTube star in England; he enjoys training others about real estate investing.
- There are some terminology differences between US and UK deals, so listen closely.
- Control of property rather than ownership is a smart option… think Uber.
- Marketing, momentum and mentoring are keys to success in this business.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Joe’s podcasts on iTunes: Real Estate Investing Mastery Podcast
- Samuel’s website: Property-Investors.co.UK
- Find Samuel on Instagram
- Samuel’s Financial Freedom Challenge
- Property Millionaire Starts Again with Nothing in a Foreign Country
- Joe’s Interview LIVE on Youtube
What are you thinking?
First off, we really love feedback, so please click here to give us a quick review in iTunes! Got any thoughts on this episode? We’d love to hear ’em too. Talk to us in the comments below.
Enjoy this podcast? Share the love!