Mike Dillard is my guest. He lives in Austin, Texas, and is known for his marketing expertise.
Mike’s created numerous courses for general business and marketing. He’s had some failures, some serious ones. He’s spent much of the last year getting his health in line and calculating what his next moves should be.
It can take numerous attempts to succeed once you decide to become an entrepreneur. Generally, mistakes cost entrepreneurs as much money as they earn.
Stress eventually overloaded Mike’s body. He found he could not relax and get to sleep. He spent all his time working, playing video games or racing cars… all stressful activities.
He literally could not sleep for 5 days in a row. It got where he couldn’t talk. Lack of sleep can truly kill you, and Mike got scared. He had difficulty finding a doctor that had experience treating his symptoms.
His doctor prescribed Ambien and Zanax, which would get him about an hour and a half of sleep. Mike realized those drugs were making him suicidal, so he began taking supplements instead.
He still needs the supplements to get to sleep and feels like he’s made a lot of progress. He theorizes that entrepreneurs run from a painful place and some cannot stop running.
One of Mike’s companies was EverGrow, a home-based hydroponic agricultural system. He tried all the existing hydroponic products and found them tedious to operate. He decided to automate the process.
He hired an industrial design team, but the work was never finished because of cost. Mentors advised him to look for the silver lining, so he called his competitor, Click and Grow, and invested in it. Mike has a lot of wisdom based on his varied experiences and he’s sharing that wealth of knowledge with us.
Listen and learn:
- Mike has been through some life-changing experiences.
- Why you need to develop a skill set to succeed.
- His current work is developing and producing online courses that teach about entrepreneurship.
- Create a product that over-delivers and a sales presentation that converts.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Joe’s website: Real Estate Investing Mastery
- Mike’s podcast: The Mike Dillard Show
- Mike’s website: MikeDillard.com
- Book recommendation: The Road Less Stupid
- Dan Kennedy’s book: Magnetic Marketing
- Mike’s book: Magnetic Sponsoring
- Access 7-Figure Sales Presentations course: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mike’s Facebook page: Mike Dillard
What are you thinking?
First off, we really love feedback, so please click here to give us a quick review in iTunes! Got any thoughts on this episode? We’d love to hear ’em too. Talk to us in the comments below.
Enjoy this podcast? Share the love!