As an active-duty military member, Brent Bowers needed a side business that could be run even if he was deployed. After trying to build a rental empire in high-priced Colorado, Brent realized that land flipping would better meet his needs. Today he flips land all over the country with his teams, and he coaches other real estate investors as they invest in passive vacant land income.
The first time Brent went looking for sellers, he accidentally mailed out to the county held tax lien list. That’s the list that no one wants, but his response rate was crazy good. And he loved that the whole process of flipping land has less to worry about and negotiate. It’s nothing like flipping houses where every house has a secret, and boy are you going to be broke when you find out that secret.
Generous with his knowledge, Brent answers in-depth land flipping questions including:
- How do you determine where you’re going to market?
- How do you find a list of vacant land?
- How do you determine the value of the property?
- What’s the best direct mail marketing system?
- How can you find buyers for your properties?
- How do you build up capital for your investments?
- Is it better to sell for cash or with owner financing?
Land flippers are like the pawnshops of the real estate world. A seller needs quick cash for a property that they bought for “some day”, so they turn to a flipper to move their property. That’s why they’re happy to sell their land for 25 cents on the dollar. For investors, land investing is going to give you so much less trouble since you’re not dealing with those 3 Ts: termites, toilets, or tenants.
Brent is so amazingly generous with his knowledge that I hope you’ll get as excited about land flipping as I am. It’s a great way to build a passive income without the headaches of home ownership.
Watch and Learn:
Listen and learn:
- A15 item due diligence list for vacant land.
- The three different direct mail companies he uses, and the new company he wants to try.
- Brent makes blind offers through what he calls LOLs, or Land Offer Letters.
- Brent’s direct mail response rate pre-COVID and post-COVID.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Joe McCall on Youtube
- REI Secrets
- Wholesaling Lease Options
- Brent L Bowers on Instagram
What are you thinking?
First off, we really love feedback, so please click here to give us a quick review in iTunes! Got any thoughts on this episode? We’d love to hear ’em too. Talk to us in the comments below.
Enjoy this podcast? Share the love!