Gavin knows his audience would like to hear more cold calls so they can see how to keep the conversation natural and smooth. While Gavin provides scripts to help his coaching students, you don’t need to stick to the script to land a sale. And of course, every conversation isn’t going to be a straight line from A to B where you ask questions and close a sale in fifteen minutes.
Listen to his live call with a seller he found on Zillow. What Gavin aims to know:
- Basic details about the property
- Quick calculations for the ARV
- A little of the seller’s background
After the call, Gavin analyzes for you what worked and what didn’t, and what he learned about the property from the seller’s answers. The seller turned out to be a fellow investor who might’ve pressured a less experienced investor into purchasing this property, and Gavin points out some of the pitfalls you can avoid when talking with fellow real estate investors.
Watch and Learn:
Listen and learn:
- Working from a Zillow listing is no big deal when you approach it Gavin’s way.
- Having some rough comps in mind as you talk to the seller helps you establish fairly quickly if the home is priced in the right ballpark.
- Because Gavin knew what the seller paid for the house from the listing, he was able to have a more confident position in the conversation.
Mentioned in this episode:
What are you thinking?
First off, we really love feedback, so please click here to give us a quick review in iTunes! Got any thoughts on this episode? We’d love to hear ’em too. Talk to us in the comments below.
Enjoy this podcast? Share the love!