This podcast was your chance to ask Matt Theriault and me anything about creative financing, and we gave it to you straight. From questions about evicting tenants to whether the bank will repossess a subject-to loan, we clarify any confusion you might have about how creative financing works. If you’ve invested in a few real estate courses, it can be easy to get overwhelmed with all of the information coming at you. I want you to find the answer to your questions today, and then go out there and start talking to sellers.
Different markets are going to require different strategies. While Texas won’t allow sandwich lease options, that doesn’t mean that creative financing strategies are completely off the table. It works that way across the country; creative financing gives you options to meet whatever situation you come across in markets all over the country.
How do you find subject-to homes? I used to go through list providers looking for homes that had been bought in the last 3-5 years with FHA or VA loans because I knew they had little to no equity. And then on top of that I’d just layer some additional motivation, like needing to move, and you have a list of people who might agree to a subject-to.
Building a real estate side hustle while you’re still working a full-time job can make marketing harder. After all, how are you going to answer the phone when your boss is standing next to your desk? Just a short phrase on your postcards inviting sellers to call your toll free number 24 hours a day is a simple solution. People have no problem leaving a message, especially if they can leave it any time of the day.
Do I prefer Trulia, Zillow, or Redfin? How do I build my own lists? What’s the best marketing for lead gen right now? I’m laying down the knowledge for free in this episode, so don’t miss it.
Watch and Learn:
Listen and learn:
- Which is better for your real estate strategy: Regular tenants or tenant-buyers?
- Because this is a marketing business and not a real estate business, you have to learn to talk to sellers.
- If you’re new to real estate and you’re just completely overwhelmed, this is the one thing you absolutely have to focus on.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Epic Real Estate on Youtube
- Joe McCall on Youtube
- Epic Real Estate podcast
- Matt’s Creative Financing Youtube video
- REI Simple
- #961: Learn the Right AND Wrong Way to Invest In Real Estate, with the Legend, Michael Jake! – PART 1
- #962: Learn the Right AND Wrong Way to Invest In Real Estate, with the Legend, Michael Jake! – PART 2
What are you thinking?
First off, we really love feedback, so please click here to give us a quick review in iTunes! Got any thoughts on this episode? We’d love to hear ’em too. Talk to us in the comments below.
Enjoy this podcast? Share the love!