Don’t get sidetracked by the news about the retail market. Matt Theriault and I want you to focus on off-market conditions because that’s where real investors play. When we market to sellers, we’re looking for disease, divorce, distress, death, debt, and all of the other reasons that homeowners get desperate to sell.
If you’re not marketing correctly in a distressed market, you’re missing these sellers. That’s why Matt wants you to separate on-market data from off-market decisions, and he shares some of his insights for how that will play out in the next year as the market pretty closely mimics the 2002 real estate market.
Are there situations when a different kind of creative financing works better? Or just makes more sense? Matt and I spin out some scenarios based on our experience that should help you see the flexibility that creative financing offers distressed sellers.
A big question you’re going to keep coming up against is: Do you need equity in a home to buy it from a seller? Depending on the market, I say that if it cash flows, then it doesn’t matter how much equity it has. Supply is still down so much that real estate investors are going to be able to create deals that they couldn’t have even dreamed of after 2008.
Stay tuned for part 2 when we continue to answer your questions about navigating financing in the 2021 real estate market.
Watch and Learn:
Listen and learn:
- When should you use the three option letter of intent?
- Why you need to separate on-market data with off-market decisions.
- When a house cash flows, it doesn’t matter how much equity it has.
- Adjusting your marketing will help you continue to find people who haven’t listed their homes yet, but are struggling with the 7 Ds.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Epic Real Estate on Youtube
- Joe McCall on Youtube
- Epic Real Estate podcast
- #961: Learn the Right AND Wrong Way to Invest In Real Estate, with the Legend, Michael Jake! – PART 1
- #962: Learn the Right AND Wrong Way to Invest In Real Estate, with the Legend, Michael Jake! – PART 2
- Matt’s Creative Financing Youtube video
What are you thinking?
First off, we really love feedback, so please click here to give us a quick review in iTunes! Got any thoughts on this episode? We’d love to hear ’em too. Talk to us in the comments below.
Enjoy this podcast? Share the love!