Brandon Turner is passionate about teaching others how to invest in real estate so that they can build their dream life. As the author of several real estate investing books and as a podcast host, he’s created reliable content for years that real estate investors turn to on the website Bigger Pockets. But after a conference with some friends, he realized that he needed to level up his business.
There are dozens and dozens of ways to become a millionaire in real estate, but so many investors get stuck on trying out every niche. As a result, they’re spread too thin to really dig down and create a scalable system that builds wealth. Brandon decided to start investing in mobile home parks, not because he thought it was the absolute best niche, but because he was ready to focus on one segment of the market.
Starting with the big picture and working backwards, Brandon realized that he needed to build a syndication to meet his goals, but he’d never done it before. Some of you might be in this same spot, so listen carefully to how Brandon found the right people to help him raise $5 million. Once he’d bought some property with the fund, he went back to work to raise $10 million more so he could keep growing.
Brandon never stops teaching. This episode is full of advice for new and seasoned investors, plus Brandon drops the names of books and websites that he’s read or written that will help real estate investors with their marketing, investing strategies, property management, or raising hard capital. Do yourself a favor and connect with Bigger Pockets for more of Brandon’s knowledge.
Watch and Learn:
Listen and learn:
- Leaving Washington state pushed Brandon out of his comfort zone and forced him to strategically design a real estate business that didn’t need him in the day-to-day decisions.
- Rather than spreading yourself over a half-dozen different kinds of real estate, Brandon advises you to focus quickly on just one.
- With no experience in joint syndication, Brandon lays out the steps he took so that he could raise his first $5 million.
- The best (and worst) real estate deal that taught Brandon why he’s worth more than $10 an hour.
Mentioned in this episode:
- The Book on Investing in Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down
- Managing Rental Properties
- Rental Property Investing
- How to Invest in Real Estate
- Open Door Capital
- The Best Ever Apartment Syndication Book
- Brandon Turner on Instagram
- Lifeonaire: Steve Cook
- Bigger Pockets
- Jab, Jab, Jab Right Hook
What are you thinking?
First off, we really love feedback, so please click here to give us a quick review in iTunes! Got any thoughts on this episode? We’d love to hear ’em too. Talk to us in the comments below.
Enjoy this podcast? Share the love!