Now is the absolute best time to get started in real estate because housing can’t go up forever, and eventually the prices are going to come down. So where are the new opportunities? Huddle up because we’re already seeing some of them show up.
Looking for opportunities is a lot like the book Who Moved My Cheese? When you see a change in the market, then you need to be looking for where the market is shifting to. Right now it looks like the housing in New York isn’t so hot anymore, but where is the cheese moving? Where are the new opportunities if they’re not in New York?
In the last recession, I was throwing away a lot of leads that didn’t have any equity. And I realized, as I was doing this, that I couldn’t be a one-trick pony in the wholesaling world. I had to find a way to stop wasting my leads. The cheese was moving, and it was moving away from being able to rely entirely on wholesaling as my only strategy.
If you want to know the number one way you can do more deals than anyone else, it’s this: answer your phone. I’m serious. Just pick up the phone. If you need three more ways to outperform everyone else:
- Double down and invest even more.
- Be a producer, not a consumer.
- Learn to identify problems, and solve them.
The whole reason I wrote Recession Proof Real Estate was to help you identify the opportunities. I include everything you need to do to be flexible and adaptive to the changing market. Learn how to make multiple offers, find buyers, nail your follow up, and succeed when others stop trying. Available immediately as a PDF download, my $7 book is the blueprint you need to profit in this recession.
Watch and Learn
Listen and learn:
- As entrepreneurs, we are the problem solvers.
- How one broker is creating a buyer frenzy for houses right now.
- Sellers are good at hiding their motivation, and how you can benefit from that.
- Community collaborations are going to be one of the secrets to success moving forward.
- Why the demand is always going to be leaning toward affordable housing.
Mentioned in this episode:
What are you thinking?
First off, we really love feedback, so please click here to give us a quick review in iTunes! Got any thoughts on this episode? We’d love to hear ’em too. Talk to us in the comments below.
Enjoy this podcast? Share the love!