Matt Theriault calls himself a “recovering guru” and a systems expert. The former/current real estate guru is the creator of the A.C.E. (Attract. Convert. Exit.) framework, a systemized model that’s designed to help you create a successful real estate investing business.
Matt has been involved in the real estate business since 2001 and now spends his time helping part-time and full-time investors grow their business. In short, I was pretty lucky that he found the time to have a discussion about what makes him tick, and what secrets he has to share.
In this podcast, we talked about everything from his recent relocation from California to Las Vegas to his preferred marketing methods and his aims to work no more than 10 hours a week.
We discussed Matt’s reasons for moving state, including the taxes and the traffic in LA, and the Las Vegas market, with a population that is set to double in the next three years. Matt is busy documenting his first 30 days navigating this new market, which others have told him his tough. He has challenged himself to do a deal within that time frame – either a wholesale deal of $5,000 or more or a seller-financed property buy-and-hold deal; and all without spending $1,000 on marketing
We talk about how Matt is going back to basics with his approach. He’s creating Craigslist ads, sending letters to sellers and making the most of a smaller budget. We also get into the follow-up on the phone, from whether you should let it go to voice mail to sending automated messages to keep in touch.
Matt also shares how he makes his offers when negotiating with sellers, and how he convinces them to take the payment terms that he offers. We discuss whether renting out a property is the best option or if selling quickly is the better choice.
We even get into how to talk to realtors and not come across as the typical investor that they’re used to, by asking specifically for what you want and not posing generic questions. We discuss a range of subjects, both personal and professional and Matt shares some of his secrets.
Watch and Learn:
Listen and learn:
- We talk about Matt’s recent move to Las Vegas, his reasons for the move and exploring a new market
- Matt’s 30-day challenge to make a new deal on a low marketing budget
- Matt and Joe discuss how to reach out to sellers and what to do when they get in touch
- Why it’s important not to forget that technology like CRM software is meant to help you get on the phone with the seller
Mentioned in this episode:
- Joe’s podcasts on iTunes: Real Estate Investing Mastery Podcast
- Joe’s podcasts on YouTube: Joe McCall
- Joe’s new book: REISecrets.com
- Matt’s Website: epicrealestateinvesting.com
- Matt’s real estate course: freerealestateinvestingcourse.com
What are you thinking?
First off, we really love feedback, so please click here to give us a quick review in iTunes! Got any thoughts on this episode? We’d love to hear ’em too. Talk to us in the comments below.
Enjoy this podcast? Share the love!