Lou Brown is a highly influential figure in the real estate investing industry, as well as founding president of the National Real Estate Investors Association. Since dropping out of college and buying his first house at 18, Lou has been determined to succeed as a real estate investor through economic shifts and crashes by “becoming the bank.”
In this podcast, Lou explains how, in 2009, following the recession, he decided he needed to change the way he did business if he wanted to survive the tumultuous economy. He decided the seller should become the bank and maintain control over their entire future and that they should go out and finding the buyers first and resource a property for them. This way, he wouldn’t have to rely on banks or qualify for loans and his finances would remain much more stable, and he recommends that you become your own bank as well.
I ask Lou a range of questions about best practices for financing, wholesaling REO properties, subject to’s, trusts, and more, and he provides insightful answers as a veteran of the industry, having been a real estate investor for over 40 years and dealing with all of these issues. Lou talks about his certified affordable housing initiative, which gives people from all different backgrounds the opportunity to become a Certified Affordable Housing Provider through his training workshop. Lou discusses the weight of that title and the doors it will open for you in the real estate industry.
If you want to become a Certified Affordable Housing Provider and take your business to the next level or take control of your life, time, and money, Lou Brown’s training courses will bring countless benefits to your real estate career. He is also giving away his new book for free! Doing Good While Doing Well details how to help families achieve their homeownership dreams while simultaneously building independence and wealth.
Watch and Learn:
Listen and learn:
- Lou recounts his journey in the real estate industry, from buying his first house at 18 to becoming the founding president of the National Real Estate Investors Association and a successful and influential real estate investor
- Lou and I discuss best practices for financing, wholesaling REO properties, subject to’s, trusts, and more.
- I ask Lou about his certified affordable housing initiative and how you can have the opportunity to become a Certified Affordable Housing Provider.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Joe’s website: Real Estate Investing Mastery
- Lou’s certified affordable housing provider training: CertifiedAffordableHousingProvider.com
- Lou’s three-day real estate investing training: MillionaireJumpStart.com
- Lou’s free book: GetDoingGoodBook.com
What are you thinking?
First off, we really love feedback, so please click here to give us a quick review in iTunes! Got any thoughts on this episode? We’d love to hear ’em too. Talk to us in the comments below.
Enjoy this podcast? Share the love!