Hey! You can sign up online to get my new book, REI Secrets–Daily Nuggets of Real Estate Investing Wisdom. It contains short, informative and inspirational articles pulled from some of my ‘In My Car’ podcasts.
My guest is Blair Halver who’s known as an outstanding marketer. His favorite part of the process is finding leads, so he decided to start a business to generate leads for other investors.
He called it Dealbot. It automated the lead generation process so investors could depend on having a reliable, steady flow of motivated leads.
Dealbot has evolved from the original model that did everything for the investor. Now it shows the investor how to get leads and its users get the same or better results.
Blair put all his energy into his business and stopped investing for 3 or 4 years. Then he realized the huge opportunity he was missing and jumped back in.
His focus had been on wholesaling, but now he does lease options with creative financing. He calls it ‘pretty house’ investing. He does 3 or 4 deals a month working 2 hours a day. He’s automated and delegated his investment business as much as possible.
Blair tends to make only one type of offer to each seller. He diagnoses the needs of the seller and fashions an offer to meet them. The answer may not be a lease option. Sometimes it’s a cash offer.
When he makes a cash offer, he posts the property to his buyers list. Their reaction tells him whether or not he calculated the right price. If he gets no takers, he renegotiates or walks away.
The same is true with tenant buyers on a lease option. Their interest is based on getting what they think is a fair price for a desirable house.
Blair prefers to do subject to’s and get the deed, but I prefer sandwich lease options. To me, it’s better to have control of the property without taking ownership. Blair doesn’t want to make repairs on a house he doesn’t own… an ‘agree to disagree’ situation.
Listen and Learn:
- Guest, Blair Halver, advises new investors to partner with someone who’s already successful at it.
- Blair knows his numbers–he knows he gets 1 lease option deal per 24 leads.
- Blair’s markets are Charlotte and Winston-Salem, and North Carolina has a law regarding lease options.
- Automate and delegate your investing business as Blair does and the work hours are few.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Joe’s podcasts on iTunes: Real Estate Investing Mastery Podcast
- Joe’s podcasts on YouTube: Joe McCall
- Joe’s podcasts on Facebook: Joe McCall
- Joe’s lease options class: SLOClass.com
- Train with Joe: JoeMcCall.com/apply
- Joe’s new book: REISecrets.com
- The show is brought to you by Joe’s lease option book: WLOBook.com
- Book recommendation: Never Split The Difference
- Train with Blair: BlairHalver.com
- Blair’s company: Dealbot
- CRM and dialer Blair uses: Mojo
What are you thinking?
First off, we really love feedback, so please click here to give us a quick review in iTunes! Got any thoughts on this episode? We’d love to hear ’em too. Talk to us in the comments below.
Enjoy this podcast? Share the love!