Hey folks. I’m driving around in my neighborhood now. I’m opening the window because it’s such a beautiful day.
I want to remind you that there’s a lot of opportunities out there for real estate investors. On social media, there’s been a lot of complaining lately that states just the opposite.
Please be careful and limit your exposure to that kind of negativity. People who have time to be on social media like that aren’t doing the work to take advantage of the opportunity.
Unfortunately, some people get stuck. They are students of real estate investing, but they’re not investors. You have to throw yourself at it and take massive, imperfect action.
I was on someone else’s podcast the other day. The host reminded me that I’d made an impact on him several years ago by saying, “If you learn marketing… if you learn how to get leads, you will never have to worry about money again.”
That message stayed with him. He started working and using what he’d learned about real estate investing and became a success at it.
When I say there’s opportunity, I mean there will always be motivated sellers and buyers. Think of the market like fishing. Study the market. When is it best to use this tactic or that one? When are they biting? When are they not?
Stick with it. Fishermen continue to go to the same lake. They may use different bait and lures at different times of day or in different weather conditions, but they continue to learn with each attempt.
Listen and learn:
- The main thing you should be doing is marketing to find leads and keeping your pipeline full.
- Find out what Dave Ramsey calls the Momentum Theorem.
- Learn what successful investors in your area are doing and copy them.
- Motivated buyers and sellers are always out there; only the ratio of one to the other changes.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Joe’s podcasts on iTunes: Real Estate Investing Mastery Podcast
- Joe’s new book: REISecrets.com
- Joe’s podcasts on YouTube: Joe McCall
- Joe’s podcasts on Facebook: Joe McCall
- Podcast recommendations: I Love Marketing / Duct Tape Marketing
- Kathy Kennebrook course: Direct Mail Marketing Magic
- Book recommendation: Entreleadership by Dave Ramsey / Or on Amazon: Entreleadership
- Look for marketing tips from Dan Kennedy and Grant Cardone
What are you thinking?
First off, we really love feedback, so please click here to give us a quick review in iTunes! Got any thoughts on this episode? We’d love to hear ’em too. Talk to us in the comments below.
Enjoy this podcast? Share the love!