Brian Page is our guest today. He’s been on several times talking about Airbnb, which is a game-changer. Some folks who’ve learned about lease options from me are turning those properties into Airbnb units.
Brian lives in Charleston, SC. He has a course that teaches people how to make money with Airbnb. And he still acquires properties himself and turns them into Airbnb units.
Brian has a student on the west coast who has 10 Airbnb rental properties and brought in $350,000 in bookings last year. She charges property owners for staging the units.
A student of Brian’s in Chicago who has 8 Airbnb listings somehow got the attention of a hedge fund that’s backing him with half a million dollars to get more. Brian says he’s just a kid.
Brian automates by hiring property managers in every town where he has units. Once you have more than 1 or 2 units, you should hire a property manager, too.
Realtors have an advantage because they know of properties that have been for sale or lease a long time. If it’s not going to sell, rent or buy it yourself and turn it into an Airbnb.
Brian and I are doing a webinar together that will also be on REIMPodcast.com/brian.
Listen and Learn:
- Only a quarter of Airbnb units are in the United States, so there’s still room for growth here.
- Nine out of ten towns with populations over 30,000 allow Airbnb.
- Most of Brian’s students make 6-figure incomes once they have 5 properties.
- Look first for furnished units, and if you can’t find one, buy used furniture for Airbnb spaces.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Joe’s podcasts on iTunes: RealEstateInvestingMasteryPodcast
- Register for an upcoming webinar with Joe and Brian: REIMpodcast.com/brian
- Go to iTunes or wherever you access the podcast and leave a review of The Real Estate Mastery Podcast
What are you thinking?
First off, we really love feedback, so please click here to give us a quick review in iTunes! Got any thoughts on this episode? We’d love to hear ’em too. Talk to us in the comments below.
Enjoy this podcast? Share the love!