This is part 2 of my teaching from my lease options one-pager. Obviously, I’m going into great detail on the subject of lease options since I’m making several podcasts from one page of information.
When you’re talking with potential sellers, ask a lot of questions. That’s how you control the situation. Dig around until you find the point of pain that makes them want to sell this property.
You will get better at talking to sellers over time. Just keep doing it. Make a list of questions if you think that will help. The questions usually get you to a ‘no’ answer, which is fine.
Once you get to ‘no’, move on to the next call. Then follow up with this lead again in a week or 2. Most lease option deals take several touches between you and your lead. Schedule the follow-up.
Don’t act too interested in the property. Present yourself as a reluctant buyer. Tune in again… the next lesson will be about sending offers.
Please review the show on iTunes or wherever you listen. Tell us what you think of the show’s content and of the music we use. Your reviews are important to us.
Listen and learn:
- This episode covers the 2nd step of the 8 or 9 steps required to do lease options.
- Cold calling is not the easiest thing you’ll do in real estate, but it sure is important.
- Your goal should be to talk to 5 potential sellers every day and get used to hearing ‘no’.
- Follow up with all potential sellers you talk to, no matter how little interest is shown on the first call.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Joe’s podcasts: Real Estate Investing Mastery Podcast
- Joe’s Wholesaling Lease Options webinar: SLOClass.com
- Watch On YouTube: Cold Call with Claude Diamond
- Get Joe’s book: WLOBook.com
What are you thinking?
First off, we really love feedback, so please click here to give us a quick review in iTunes! Got any thoughts on this episode? We’d love to hear ’em too. Talk to us in the comments below.
Enjoy this podcast? Share the love!