I’m wearing the Alabama sweatshirt today because I’m celebrating a deal a student of mine made today in Alabama. And my guest, Brian Trippe, gave me this sweatshirt a while ago.
Brian is a huge admirer of the Real Estate Investing Mastery podcast—he’s been listening for years.
He made $10,000 after 45 days in this business. He believes getting that first check literally changed his thinking.; it made him believe in himself and made the real estate dream real.
Brian started a REIA in Birmingham, Alabama a few years ago and it’s a very successful group. He’s gotten away from the Real Estate Investment Association name though, mostly to avoid the sales pitch connotation.
He’s recently started REI Live. He puts on live events in cities around the country that focus on real estate investment education and networking. And guess what? Networking leads to deal making!
REI Live is working on building a real estate investment community in cities everywhere. The focus is on Millennials. He helps already-influential operator/coaches start the communities locally.
Brian believes old-fashion sales are out. Now value-based sales are the model. Give things away from the front of the room, rather than trying to sell from the stage.
Listen and learn:
- Brian’s knowledge and connections are a big value.
- Brian coaches people who really have a desire for it.
- Since networking is key, go to your local REIA even if you dislike going.
- Generosity in the business world is what makes people want to do business with you.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Joe’s free book: WLO Book
- Brian’s free book: Nothing’s For Sale or send Instagram dm for free copy
- Brian on Instagram: Brian J Trippe@brianjtrippe (send dm for free book)
- To have REI Live in your town:REILive.tv
- Brian on Facebook: Facebook .com/REILive.tv
- Give and Take by Adam Grant
What are you thinking?
First off, we really love feedback, so please click here to give us a quick review in iTunes! Got any thoughts on this episode? We’d love to hear ’em too. Talk to us in the comments below.
Enjoy this podcast? Share the love!