Welcome to the Real Estate Investing Mastery podcast.
Please leave reviews of my podcasts wherever you listen to them. I need and use listener feedback.
Our guest today is Kevin Bupp. I’m really glad to have him on the show because he’s in a niche we don’t talk about often.
Kevin grew up in Harrisburg, PA and now lives in Clearwater, FL. He says he lucked in to real estate while in community college by working with a mentor.
Kevin buys and holds. He has a portfolio of rented single-family homes, but concentrates on mobile home communities.
Kevin looks for mismanaged mobile home parks to buy, and has parks in 13 states. Very few new mobile home parks are being built.
Primary marketing tool is direct mail to park owners. Kevin’s company built a mobile home park database from scratch which lists only parks of a certain size in desired markets.
Direct-to-owner marketing knocks out bidding wars with competitors. Kevin’s company also sends out a quarterly newsletter to park owners to keep communication flowing
Listen and learn:
- Kevin’s business failed in ’08 and ’09
- Commercial real estate brings scale
- Hard to drive cash flow with single-family homes
- Hear which podcasts Joe listens to
Mentioned in this episode:
- Joe’s podcast on iTunes: Real Estate Investing Mastery Podcast
- Joe’s free book: WLO book
- Kevin’s podcasts:
- Kevin’s funding arm: Sunrise Capital Investors
- Reach Kevin via internet: Kevin Bupp
What are you thinking?
First off, we really love feedback, so please click here to give us a quick review in iTunes! Got any thoughts on this episode? We’d love to hear ’em too. Talk to us in the comments below.
Enjoy this podcast? Share the love!