Welcome to the Real Estate Investing Mastery podcast.
Thank you to the people who have left reviews on iTunes and other podcast providers… it’s very helpful. And, don’t forget to download my free Wholesaling 101 Mindmap from my website.
Our guest is Justin Silverio of Open Letter Marketing. He will be talking about direct mail that works. Justin’s been investing in real estate for 8 years and owns Open Letter Marketing, which caters to real estate investors.
You’ve heard me talking about my investment efforts in Mississippi and Alabama. We used Open Letter Marketing for a mailing in those markets; the mailing got a response rate of 1.5 to 2%, the standard for direct mail.
Justin makes sure his direct mail stands out. So many investors use direct mail—yours won’t get opened if it looks like everyone else’s. Go to the website to see the creative approaches that Open Letter Marketing offers.
Underdeveloped properties are those zoned for multiple housing units that currently have only one unit. Justin has had good results mailing to those owners. He also uses lists of owners of properties that have liens.
Remember that direct mail is a long-term approach. You cannot expect success from sending one or two letters to an individual. You have to build momentum and name recognition over time, and you absolutely must follow up numerous times with the names on your mailing list.
Listen and learn…
- Direct mail can be tested and tracked
- IP marketing puts banner ads on mail recipient’s computers
- Consistently brand by consistently using your logo
- Target underdeveloped properties
Mentioned in this episode:
- Joe’s podcasts on iTunes: Real Estate Investing Mastery Podcast
- Podcast Hotline: 636.255.8815
- Get Joe's free Wholesaling 101 Mindmap: Flip Mindmap
- Or text ‘flip' to 313131 to get free Mindmap
- Website: Open Letter Marketing (use code, JoeMcCall, to get 10% off your first order)
What are you thinking?
First off, we really love feedback, so please click here to give us a quick review in iTunes! Got any thoughts on this episode? We'd love to hear 'em too. Talk to us in the comments below.
Enjoy this podcast? Share the love!