I’m excited about this episode… we have Sve Pavic talking with us. He lives in the Toronto area, and his strategies work pretty much anywhere.
So, Sve’s family left Croatia when he was very young. And by age 28, he had created enough passive income in real estate to quit his J.O.B. (that paid 6 figures). He has $1.4 million in rental properties, and has an unusual approach.
Sve buys single-family homes and turns them into duplexes or triplexes. He also looks for existing multiunit properties. Instead of renting to families, he leases rooms to individuals. Common areas, including bathrooms and kitchens, are shared.
If there’s no demand for room rentals or area bylaws ban the practice, the backup plan is to rent the whole unit. Most of the properties are 1-2 hours outside of Toronto in suburban residential neighborhoods.
This is a great episode, friends.
Listen and learn…
- Real estate’s power of leverage
- Why you should pull out equity from property #1 to buy property #2
- How he provides affordable housing
- Why background checks are key
Mentioned in this episode:
- Joe’s podcast on iTunes: Real Estate Investing Mastery Podcast
- Podcast Hotline: 636.255.8815
- Joe’s Coaching Program: Joe McCall Coaching
- Millennial Revolution
- Book Recommendation: Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Sve’s Training: RentalHacking/JoeMcCall
- Rental Hacking Facebook Page
- Sve’s YouTube Channel
What are you thinking?
First off, we really love feedback, so please click here to give us a quick review in iTunes! Got any thoughts on this episode? We’d love to hear ’em too. Talk to us in the comments below.