I’m throwing out a lot of questions as I interview Justin Colby. And he has a ton of great answers.
Justin is one of those “survivors” of the 2008 crash you hear about. He was working as a mortgage broker making big bucks. Once the crash hit, he lost everything, including his $500k condo and his $90k Lexus. He wound up living with a friend and sleeping on the couch.
Even though he was broke, and broken (emotionally), he still had the faith that he could make it in real estate investing. His saying is: “You have to believe it before you see it.”
It took 9 months to do his first deal, but he hung in there. Two deals the first year, 20 the next, 46 the next, and it went up from there. His is a great example of doing what it takes and never giving up.
From mindset, Justin moves into discussing tactical strategies. Lists to go after. Ways to get started with little or no cash. He asks, “How bad to you want it? How can you go from good to great?”
His company continues to expand and grow every year.
Listen and enjoy:
- Justin’s comeback story
- Why AZ is such a great investing opportunity at this time
- How a beginner with no cash can get started
- How to “get out there”
- The importance of consistency
- Mindset is crucial
- Creating SMART goals
- Learning sales skills from the best
Mentioned in this episode:
- Joe’s podcast on iTunes: Real Estate Investing Mastery Podcast
- Joe’s Coaching Program: Joe McCall Coaching
- Podcast Hotline: 636.255.8815
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap and Others Don’t by Jim Collins
- How to Create Multiple Streams of Income: Buying Homes in Nice Areas With Nothing Down by Peter S. Conti and David Finkel
- Justin Colby’s website: The Science of Flipping
- Grant Cardone’s website
What are you thinking?
First off, we really love feedback, so please click here to give us a quick review in iTunes! Got any thoughts on this episode? We’d love to hear ’em too. Talk to us in the comments below.