If you missed Part I of the interview that Alex and I conducted with Jimmy Vreeland and Bob Scott, you will definitely want to catch that one (#166) before listening to this episode. These two guys are partners in the real estate investing world and hail from right here in my hometown of St. Louis.
In Part I, we got to know Jimmy and Bob and learn how they operate their business. In a few short years, they’ve expanded their portfolio to more than 100 homes in the St. Louis area, using mainly the lease option strategy.
In this episode, however, we switch subjects to life insurance. What in the world does life insurance have to do with real estate investing? That’s what Alex and I were asking. As you will notice as you listen, I have very little input in the conversation, because all this is new to me. I found it both fascinating and compelling.
Jimmy and Bob explain how an investor can use a whole life policy as a source of liquid cash to fund deals. In doing so, the investor is able to see interest from the policy, and profit from the deal, earned simultaneously. They discovered this when the banks no longer wanted to work with them unless they had X-amount of cash in reserve. They then used the cash available in their life insurance policies, because banks viewed it as a liquid asset.
However, the more attractive aspect is to educate private lenders on how they can use their whole life policies as a vehicle to become your lender. Then they, too, can increase their earnings on investments. Jimmy and Bob have raised a great deal of capital using this strategy.
This is a power-packed episode. Bring pen and paper!
Listen and enjoy:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download Subscribe: RSS
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
- Hot to still earn 5% on your policy even when cash is pulled out to fund a deal (money working in 2 places at once)
- The policies that are available just for real estate investors
- Note This: Money in the policy is yours — you can do with it what you want
- How dividends compound tax-free
- How to get extra protection for family via death benefits
- How to approach private lenders (re: using life insurance; how to educate them)
- How life insurance makes your investing more efficient
- How insurance allows you to invest in what the banks invest in
Mentioned in this episode:
- Joe’s podcast on iTunes: Real Estate Investing Mastery Podcast
- Joe’s Coaching Program: Joe McCall Coaching
- Podcast Hotline: 636.255.8815
- Joint Ops Properties
- Joint Ops YouTube Channel
- The AutoPilot Assets System
- The Perpetual Wealth System by John Jamieson
- Becoming Your Own Banker by Nelson Nash
- e3 Wealth – St. Louis
- Atlas Wealth Solutions
- Nelson Nash Institute
What are you thinking?
First off, we really love feedback, so please click here to give us a quick review in iTunes! Got any thoughts on this episode? We’d love to hear ’em too. Talk to us in the comments below.