In this episode, I’m talking to Greg Helbeck about why he focuses his energy on big deals. When we measure success, we talk about volume. We count the number of deals, which can disguise reality. Bigger deals mean bigger profits with less hassle and less work. You can do ten $10,000 deals to make $100,000, or you could do two $50,000 deals. Which do you think is going to be less work?
What’s really key here is having a fearless mindset. You have to think, if they’re doing it and making money, then I can do it and make money too. You have to believe that it will work. There’s no room for a negative mindset and a bucket load of excuses in this industry.
The three ways that Greg finds his deals:
- List Stacking – using filters to identify the highly motivated sellers. It’s a time-consuming strategy that works well when you have more time than money.
- Direct Mail – direct mail is very successful if you are consistent, and you do it at scale. It’s pure math. If you direct mail 15 or 20 thousand names at a time, you’re going to run into someone with a problem.
- Joint Ventures – another great strategy is JV-ing with other investors. It allows you to leverage people who can do a better job than you in that market. 50% of something is better than 1% of nothing.
Remember that it’s not just distressed sellers that will sell at a discount. Wealthy sellers will often sell at a discount purely for convenience and simplicity. Obviously, you have to approach these sellers differently, emphasizing hassle-free solution
Learning sales and marketing skills will serve you forever. If you have those skills, you’ll always be able to start from nothing and build a successful business anywhere.
Watch and Learn:
Listen and learn:
- Why bigger deals mean bigger profits.
- How mindset is key.
- Greg’s three ways to generate leads.
- Why it’s worth investing in sales and marketing training.
Mentioned in this episode:
- CRM Giveaway
- Gavin Timms on Instagram – @Gavin.Timms
- Greg Helbeck on Instagram – @Grego_37
What are you thinking?
First off, we really love feedback, so please click here to give us a quick review in iTunes! Got any thoughts on this episode? We’d love to hear ’em too. Talk to us in the comments below.
Enjoy this podcast? Share the love!