In this episode, I’m driving my daughter home from her gymnastics class. While I was waiting for her at her class, I was using Voxer to answer students’ questions. One of the questions prompted this episode.
My student had been slammed with questions by her leasing agent, and they were all “what if” questions, taking conjecture to the nth degree. It was bothersome to this student, who then began to wonder—what if those imagined things really did happen? It’s clear to me that this was not the best leasing agent for someone doing lease options. And that’s what I told this student.
If, years ago, I had listened to every person who said, “No, you can’t do that,” or “You have to do it this way,” I would never be where I am today in this business. I just refused to listen.
Besides this case in point, I cite yet another example where a mortgage broker was giving out misinformation to an investor. This just proves that you have to be doggedly determined in this business—and don’t take no for an answer.
You’re the boss. This is your business!
Listen and Enjoy:
- Two cases where my students received misinformation from so-called professionals
- How to get past these unsupportive types
- How to find investor-friendly dream team members
- Why you shouldn’t make promises you might not be able to fulfill—ever
- Why you should always make full disclosure of every part of the transaction