In this episode, I’ve just arrived back in town from a speaking engagement in L.A. As I’m driving home, I keep thinking about a random conversation I had with a lady in the airport. It proved to me once again that as investors, we always have to have those “rabbit ears” on, because private money investors can literally pop up out of nowhere.
If you’re too young, I’ll clarify that I’m referring to the antennae that people placed on top of their TV sets — back in the day — in order to get better reception.
Likewise, I encourage all of you to keep your rabbit ears antennae up at all times to get the best reception.
To be honest, I really just wanted to sit there and read a book on my Kindle, but this lady kept right on talking. So, I not only tell you about how she opened up and presented herself as a potential private money lender, but I’m also sharing a number of other great conversation starters.
When you’re in a group of people and someone asks, “What do you do?” always be ready with an answer that will present you in a favorable light as one who can help put their money to work with good returns.
Listen and Enjoy:
- How the lady in the airport opened up about having money to invest
- A reminder about restrictions in soliciting
- Conversation starters when you’re in a group — or 1-on-1
- Strategies on how you let people know you can help them make a good return on investments (without soliciting)
Mentioned in this episode:
- Joe’s Coaching Program: Joe McCall Coaching
- Podcast Hotline: 636.255.8815
- Getting the Money: The Simple System for Getting Private Money for Your Real Estate Deals by Susan Lassiter-Lyons