If you think you’ve heard it all when it comes to doing real estate investing virtually, then you’ve never heard about Josh and Jess Davis. This couple live in Uganda, Africa, and they’re flipping houses in the U.S. to fund their missionary endeavors. What a powerful story they have. And you hear all about it in this episode.
Josh and Jess talk about a deal where the buyer was in Guatemala, Central America, while they were in Africa, and the property was in the U.S. That’s a good, nope – great example of virtual wholesaling.
Married for about seven years, Jess and Josh have two children, and Jess homeschools both of them. It’s a real balancing act to carry out their missionary work, teach the children and work on their real estate business at the same time.
They concentrate on 3 U.S. markets and are averaging about 3-4 deals per month. Their business model is having active bird dogs working for them, as well as maintaining partnerships.
(They are now in 6 markets, since the podcast was recorded!)
While partnering together is fairly recent, Josh has been active in the real estate world for over 12 years. In that time, he’s built up a strong buyers list, which serves them well right now.
They’ve been particularly active since the recent devastating floods in the Baton Rouge, Louisiana area. It’s always their goal to invest into the areas that they love the most, and the Gulf Coast fits that description.
It’s their desire to help other people fulfill their dreams and visions by using virtual real estate investing to do it. So hear how they do it right here!
Listen and enjoy:
- Josh and Jess’ backgrounds and what led them to Uganda
- Their core values that fuel their dream
- The importance of family in their work
- Details of their business model—how it functions
- How their for-profit business funds their not-for-profit work
- Dealing with the vicissitudes of living in a third-world country
- The importance of staying encouraged in the midst of the work
- The importance of building a strong foundation; count the cost and pay the price
Mentioned in this episode:
- Joe’s podcast on iTunes: Real Estate Investing Mastery Podcast
- Joe’s Coaching Program: Joe McCall Coaching
- Podcast Hotline: 636.255.8815
- Josh Davis Facebook page: We Are Those Who Dream
- Josh Davis’ main real estate website: WeBuyREI.com
- Josh Davis’ Missions website: Those Who Dream
What are you thinking?
First off, we really love feedback, so please click here to give us a quick review in iTunes! Got any thoughts on this episode? We’d love to hear ’em too. Talk to us in the comments below.