You know it’s a great interview when I start taking notes! And I was definitely taking notes as Alex and I interviewed Matt Reed.
As most of you know, I’m nuts over lease options. So when I have the opportunity to talk with another seasoned investor doing lease options – someone I can learn from – well, that adds up to a perfect podcast episode.
Matt’s been doing lease options for over 15 years, and although several of his strategies differ from mine, still and yet, the service he provides to buyers and sellers is much the same as mine.
With lease options, we are connecting with sellers who can’t sell their home, and buyers who are unable, at the time, to get a conventional loan. We then, help sellers to sell, and buyers to buy.
It’s a win-win-win all around.
Matt talks about the best way to get started in this arena, explains how he operates his business and what team members he has. He calls lease options a great, solid, steady business, and a good way to make a living in real estate.
Listen and enjoy:
- What Matt does before going to meet the seller and see the home (due diligence)
- The alternatives offered to the potential seller – take it or leave it
- Why you need to thoroughly know your market area – be picky
- Best types of houses to work with (design your own criteria)
- Creating long-term cash flow
- Team members – a good real estate attorney and mortgage broker
- Process used to screen tenant-buyers
- Understanding the lease agreement/contract/paperwork
Mentioned in this episode:
- Joe’s podcast on iTunes: Real Estate Investing Mastery Podcast
- Joe’s Coaching Program: Joe McCall Coaching
- Podcast Hotline: 636.255.8815
- Pocket Casts
- Joe’s Facebook Page: Wholesaling Lease Options
What are you thinking?
First off, we really love feedback, so please click here to give us a quick review in iTunes! Got any thoughts on this episode? We’d love to hear ’em too. Talk to us in the comments below.